GREAT NEWS PARENTS!!
ALL OHIO FAMILIES ARE ELIGIBLE TO PRIVATE SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP through the Ohio Department of Education!
Please take advantage of this WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY that is offered to all Ohio families regardless of family income. You can get a Universal School Choice scholarship in the amount of $950 to $8407 per child for grades 9-12 and $650-$6165 per child for grades KG-8. Everyone can apply for the scholarship and based on the family income, you could be awarded a scholarship amount not less than $650 per child for grades KG-8 or $950 per child for grades 9-12.
For example, if you are a family of 4 and your total family income is $135,000 or less you will get $6,165 per child for KG-8 and $8,407 per child for 9-12. Please see the attached scholarship amount and income level document for more scholarship levels.
Universal School Choice will be in effect for the 2023/24 school year! As a result, we want to make sure that we are assisting you in completing the steps to take advantage of this opportunity to apply these funds to your 2023-24 tuition account.
We ask that you complete the steps to submit your application as soon as possible so that we can secure your student’s scholarship for the upcoming school year. The Ohio Department of Education established an application deadline of October 1st in order to receive full-year funding. After this deadline, the funds will be prorated and awarded according to the date of acceptance. PLEASE APPLY BEFORE THE FUNDS ARE GONE. The FUNDS ARE LIMITED AND ALL OHIO FAMILIES ARE ELIGIBLE.
Once you have applied and been accepted by Toledo Islamic Academy or if you are a current student of TIA follow these steps to apply: application steps:
- Complete the Scholarship Request Form: Complete one (separate) application for each eligible student
- Return the completed, signed request form to Toledo Islamic Academy: Include the following with your application:
- Student’s Birth Certificate •Proof of Residence (Utility bill (gas, water, electric) or Lease Agreement. Documentation must be in the parent/guardian’s name.
- Create an OH ID Account by following the steps in this document.
- Set up your OH ID Profile by following the steps in this document and complete income verification form
Please find here more information about scholarship amounts and income levels:
Under “Scholarship Request Form: FY24-EdChoice-Request-Form.pdf
Under step 2: OH ID Tutorial.pdf ( The first and the second page of this document)
Under “here -Scholarship amounts and income levels” Universal School Choice – scholarship amounts and income levels.pdf
Under “here – Steps to apply” Universal School Choice – steps to apply.pdf